Updated for 2017, our ebook Facility Security Clearances: The Complete Guide To Getting One is a unique resource for those organizations seeking a facility security clearance. See below for more information.
The charge on your card account will likely appear as "SDC INC", "SEC DEF CON", or something similar.
This product is no longer in stock
To meet the needs of organizations desiring to obtain a facility security clearance (FCL) but who are new to the process, we’ve created Facility Security Clearances: The Complete Guide to Getting One ebook in PDF format.
Our comprehensive consulting services are the best option to guide an organization through the process quickly and smoothly with the least chance of rejection or trouble. But for organizations not needing or desiring consulting services, Facility Security Clearances: The Complete Guide to Getting One ebook is the next best resource to guide them through the process of obtaining a facility security clearance (FCL).
Obtaining a facility security clearance (FCL) can be advantageous and lucrative for businesses. It opens up many opportunities for organizations both large and small to work on contracts involving classified national security information. There are several thousand organizations holding facility security clearances—from the big defense contractors like Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman on down to the tiny businesses run from the CEOs’ homes. Why not get your piece of the pie?
There is information on facility security clearances scattered about the Web. But some of the information is inaccurate and misleading. We even read it stated on a consultancy’s Web site that the federal government charges organizations thousands of dollars for a facility security clearance. Not so! The government doesn’t charge contractors a dime for facility security clearances. And though the Defense Security Service’s Facility Clearance Checklist Web page is authoritative, it is hardly thorough or practical; nor does it provide advice to optimize your chances of obtaining the clearance. That’s where the Facility Security Clearances: The Complete Guide to Getting One ebook comes in. It guides you step-by-step through the process from beginning to end and is packed with our insights gained from guiding our clients through the process. It includes:
• Requirements your organization must meet to be eligible for an FCL
• The hidden requirement that’s crucial for small businesses to understand—we tell you what it is and where it’s buried online
• How to assess whether your organization is likely to be granted (or denied) an FCL
• Justifications that can be used to sponsor your organization for an FCL
• Why a third of FCL sponsorship requests are rejected and what you can do to prevent rejection
• Our flowchart illustrating the process of obtaining an FCL
• Storing vs. not storing classified materials on your premises
• Answers to more than a dozen frequently-asked questions not found on the Defense Security Service’s Facility Clearance Checklist Web page
• How long it takes to get a facility security clearance and what you can do to influence it
• A free, simple, online search technique for uncovering federal contracting opportunities for your company that involve an FCL
• Which employees of your company must obtain security clearances
• Links to the necessary federal forms and instructions for completing them
• Links to free, helpful resources
• Lists of documents and information about your organization required for the FCL
• Where you can locate your FCL
• Determining the time and money costs of maintaining an FCL
• An overview of how to maintain a facility security clearance—packed with sources of free information, training, and guidance
• Why you must never advertise your facility security clearance
• Issues to be aware of to keep your FCL from getting revoked
• Our guidance on whether to hire a security specialist (Facility Security Officer) to maintain your facility security clearance—it’s not always necessary to hire new personnel!
Facility Security Clearances: The Complete Guide to Getting One ebook is updated for 2017 and contains a table of contents and an index so you can jump right to the topics and guidance you need. There's no need for a special e-reader device like a Kindle. Most computers, tablets, and smartphones can view PDF files like our ebook.